Slidenjoy – Double or triple your screens
Has all the hallmarks of a scam (or at least a team that is so out of its depth, the chances of successful delivery are nil).
– Massively exceeded original target
– Meaningless comms at erratic intervals, promises to communicate more often disregarded
– Multiple, frequent requests for further information via comments from backers simply ignored
– Excessive travel unnecessary for delivery of the kickstarter project itself
– Aggressive marketing campaign for pre-orders on Facebook, heavy discounting on pre-orders to those who have already previously pledged to KS project
– Marketing agency that run Facebook page on behalf of Slidenjoy have apparently been instructed to delete critical posts
– Marginal prototype, no-one has seen a complete working model. Prototype design already known to have flawed hinge design. Electronics (and software drivers) yet to be created or demonstrated.
– No published project plan
– Delivery dates previously revised twice, currently there is none. Beyond late (first delivery target date was Xmas 2015, some six months from pledges closing)
– Fundamental concerns about the technology involved
– Minimal technical expertise, no evidence of necessary skills required for delivery being bought in. The design house they have used has never delivered a kickstarter project of this scale.
You’ve heard of the three musketeers – this lot seem to be the 21st century variant, I give you: the three marketeers. Much hype. Zero substance.
Kickstarter is a trademark of Kickstarter Inc. This site is not affiliated with Kickstarter, Inc. Made by SoFriendly